I love the turn of this season. I was a little Summer-saturated if I’m honest; sure the sun was nice, but the stifling heat, being stuck in an office, my diet essentially just becoming ‘Ice Cream’… I’ve always been a lover of all things Autumn / Winter, but there’s something about that tipping point, where the sun sets on August, and we’re blown steadily into crisp and cold mornings.
The darker nights herald the beginning of the pulling on of big fluffy scarves, being tucked up in bed with a warming tea whilst the trees howl outside, bracing yourself against the window, the warmth of a gluvine heating you up all the way down to your toes…
- A brusque walk on a Saturday morning to get coffee.
- The German-inspired pop-ups that crop up all over London
- Autumn fashion
- A large red wine, a hearty home-cooked meal and X factor in the background
- That first sip of mulled wine as Christmas gets closer
- Halloween; parties, outfits, baking
- Dog walks up the hill
- Blackberrys and Apples – there’s a tree that looks like a mini whomping willow in my parents garden, and I love picking the apples off it and making a huge crumble
- The smell of a roast dinner cooking on a Sunday
- Cosying up by the fire, large merlot in hand and a good book to get through
- The smell of Autumn in the air
- Hot chocolates the size of your head
- The sparkle of a morning frost in the sunlight
- Rosy cheeks
- The warmth of home hitting you as you step in from a long walk
- Home-made soups
- Cosying up with chocolate and horror films
- Autumnal sunsets; pink skies
- Chai flavours
- Candles throughout the house ….
- New slippers and pyjamas
- The inaugural first Autumn Pie…
And it seems I’m not the only one who adores this season…
Darker evenings, cosy knitwear, hot chocolate, the colours turning from green to golden, crisp mornings… pic.twitter.com/cplHPkU4a5
— Hels ☕🍂 (@thehelsproject) September 7, 2018
Crunch leaves underfoot, nights in with hot chocolate, a good film and blankets. ALL the blankets!
— Haydy – Squibb Vicious (@SquibbVicious) September 7, 2018
Cold air in a warm hot tub with prosecco
— Han Woodward (@Han_Spans) September 7, 2018
Autumnal clothing colours – I have a mustard knit jumper that I can’t wait to bust out 😍 Seasonal autumn foods such as blackberries on the hedgerows are a firm fave of mine too!
— Abbey Louisa Rose (@abbeylouisarose) September 7, 2018
Crispy leaves, woolly socks / jumpers & cold autumn mornings 🍂 I want autumn to get here already!
— TheTravellingTedaldi (@TravelTedaldi) September 7, 2018
I finally get to wear all my pretty coats again! pic.twitter.com/LJG5RKdlti
— Bex (@theatrical_mess) September 7, 2018
I’m so cosy right now, favourite throw, large glass of merlot, a home-made pie in the oven and ready to get cosy as can be for the week ahead!
What are your favourite things about this season?